SSI – Speculative Sentiment Index
Platform: Trading Station
The Speculative Sentiment Index (SSI) is a proprietary contrarian indicator designed to help you trade trending markets. The index ratio tells you whether the number of positions held by traders are net long or short a particular currency pair, and to what degree.
Unlike major equities or futures markets, there is no single centralized exchange for forex trading. Such decentralized activity makes finding uniform open interest data impossible. FXCM as an industry-leading FX broker boasts important FX trading volumes and a significant trader sample. The SSI indicator makes that retail trader positioning data available to help fill this important gap in market information.
With the SSI indicator, you can plot real-time SSI data on your chart, displaying the long-to-short positioning ratio among FXCM traders. At a glance, you can see where traders were in the market, updating each second. Are there large numbers of long or short positions? Are the traders exiting or entering? As a contrarian indicator, SSI helps you locate potential trading opportunities.
This indicator also features a Percentage Long mode, which allows you to display a line graph for the percentage of current peer positions that are long.
The SSI indicator is compatible with 18 symbols: GER30, US30, SPX500, UK100, FRA40, EUR/USD, GBP/USD, USD/JPY, USD/CAD, AUD/USD, NZD/USD, EUR/GBP, GBP/JPY, EUR/JPY, AUD/JPY, USD/CHF, XAU/USD and USOIL.Download
Displayed Data?: Select SSI to view an SSI bar graph. Select Percentage Long to view a line graph with the percentage of current positions that are long.
SSI Display Options:
- Positive SSI Color: Select color for Positive SSI values
- Negative SSI Color: Select color for Negative SSI values
- Show +1/-1 Lines: If Yes, display dashed lines at SSI values of +1 and -1
- +1/-1 Color: Select color for +1/-1 Lines, if shown
- +1/-1 Width: Select width for +1/-1 Lines, if shown
- +1/-1 Lines: Select style for +1/-1 Lines, if shown
Percentage Long Display Options:
- Percentage Long Color: Select line Color for Percentage Long
- Percentage Long Width: Select line Width for Percentage Long
- Percentage Long Style: Select line Style for Percentage Long
- Show 0%-50%-100% Level Lines: If Yes, display lines at 0%, 50%, and 100% values
- Level Lines Color: Select Color for Level Lines, if shown
- Level Lines Width: Select Width for Level Lines, if shown
- Level Lines Style: Select Style for Level Lines, if shown
This Indicator is only compatible with FXCM Trading Station Desktop software. Additionally, an FXCM account is required (including free FXCM demo accounts).
The application displayed on this page does not take in to consideration your individual personal circumstances and trading objectives. Therefore it should not be considered as a personal recommendation or investment advice. Past performance is not indicative of future results. There is no guarantee that the systems, trading techniques, trading methods, and/or indicators will result in profits or not result in losses.
Your download will begin shortly.