Welcome to FXCM Apps
FXCM Apps is a new online marketplace where FXCM accountholders can download special "apps" that customize their trading experience. There are apps for news traders, trend traders, and range traders; apps that add new trading features; and apps that just make trading better.
Anyone can browse the store but the apps only operate in an FXCM account, including 30-day demo accounts available at FXCM websites.
Apps fall into three broad categories: MetaTrader 4 apps, Trading Station Desktop apps, and standalone apps.
The MetaTrader 4 platform ("MT4" for short) is popular globally and many forex traders use it. It has automatic trading features and advanced charting functionality that contributes to this.
FXCM Apps offers three MT4 app types:
- Expert Advisors ("EAs" for short) - apps that automate all or part of a trading strategy. Browse EAs
- Scripts - apps that automate one or more trading functions (not complete trading strategies). Browse Scripts
- Indicators - apps that compute market data, displaying the results as a line or graph on a chart. Moving averages and Bollinger bands are two popular examples. Browse Indicators
Learn more about each MT4 app type by reading these frequently asked questions:
What is an EA? What is a script? What is an indicator?
Trading Station Desktop is our favorite platform. It has features for serious technical traders and it provides excellent control over the trading experience.
FXCM Apps offers three Trading Station Desktop app types:
- Automated Strategies - apps that automate all or part of a trading strategy.
- Indicators - apps that compute market data, displaying the result as a line or graph on a chart. Moving averages and Bollinger bands are two popular examples.
- Add-Ons - apps that add additional functionality to a chart. For example, the DailyFX News add-on displays the past and upcoming news events right on the chart, while the Renko add-on changes the chart type to Renko.
Learn more about each Trading Station Desktop app type by reading these frequently asked questions:
What is an Automated Strategy? What is an indicator? What is an add-on?
This category of apps encompasses those that do not require a trading platform to operate; they run independently. An FXCM account is still required for apps in this category to operate.
FXCM Apps offers three Standalone app types:
- General Trading - apps that perform general trading features that may not otherwise be available. Browse General Trading
- Utilities - apps that add new or enhanced trading features that provide added value to users. Browse Utilities
- Analysis/Reporting - apps that provide new or enhanced analysis and reporting features. Browse Analysis/Reporting
Learn more about each Standalone apps by reading this frequently asked question:
What is a standalone app?
/* Ignore grabbing default post on homepage */ ?>